Show Checklist for Horse & Rider
Show Checklist for horse & rider
Going to a show is super exciting!
Let’s make sure you and your horse are well prepared
First of all – Check the dress code on your show entry
– Do you have to wear white jodhpurs?
– Do you have to wear a jacket?
– Do you have to wear a hairnet?
If it’s a training or recreational show you can normally wear any colours jodhpurs and a neat shirt without a jacket
Checklist for the rider:
– Show Jacket
– Breeches or jodhpurs
– Show shirt
– Riding boots (long or short)
– Gaiters (if you ride with short boots)
Next let’s get your horse kitted out:
– Most important – Carrots / treats 🙂
Getting your horse to the show safely:
Tacking your horse up at the show:
– Bit (make sure it is show legal)
– Earnet (if necessary)
– It’s a good idea to take a spare pair of reins with you just in case
– Mounting block
Keeping your horse clean & comfortable at the show:
– Blanket (if it’s cold)
– Rain sheet (if it’s rainy season)
Last but not least – don’t forget to thank and spoil your groom for prepping and looking after your horse so well at the show